Friday, November 13, 2009

Life After Nursing School

I’m currently praying about what life is going to look like for me after May.  Seeing how the past year and a half of nursing school has flown by quickly, I’m expecting my final semester of nursing school to be the same.  The job search will begin for me in January, and I am actually really excited about it.  There is ONE particular job at ONE particular hospital here in San Antonio that I would LOVE to have.  Being a new graduate RN, I’m not sure if I will be able to get it though, but you better believe that won’t stop me from applying for it.  :D 

In addition to finding a nursing position, I also have an incredible (or so it seems at this point) opportunity for the summer that popped in my email inbox this week.  It’s a perfect fit with what I feel like the Lord is calling me to do…it fits a passion of mine perfectly…and yes, it involves CHINA!  The problem is it being during the summer…THIS summer in particular.  The summer that is PRIME TIME for me to be looking for and beginning my nursing career. 

This is where you, my friend, come in!  Would you pray along with me?  The desire of my heart is to follow the Lord wherever He leads me.  If that is working in a hospital in San Antonio…I’ll go!  If that is going to China…I’ll go!  Would you pray I would be sensitive to the direction the Lord is leading?  Would you pray that I would have the courage to run through the doors He opens and praise Him for the ones He closes knowing that He is completely in control? 

Let’s just be honest, though…I REALLY want to go to China.  :D 

1 comment:

britney said...

wow, you've got a lot going on! i'm glad to hear things are going well. we WILL be in lufkin for thanksgiving but only a day or two. i'll let you know when it gets closer!