Thursday, January 7, 2010

NYC

Right after Jenny finished finals, the two of us hopped on a plane and spent a few days exploring NYC.  We both needed a getaway after the semester that we had.  Jenny planned the entire trip and did a great job.  I’m not sure there was ANYTHING else we could have squeezed in with the amount of time we were there.

Here are a few pics to highlight the best parts of the trip (in my opinion)…

 064The Big Apple Circus!   066A carriage ride through Central Park.  The driver totally knew we were tourists and charged us $20 more for this ride than what he was supposed to charge.   115Central Park!  One of my very favorite parts of the trip…I could probably spend several days there.    126 You can’t see the sign very well, but this is at the zoo.  I got to see a PUFFIN!  Oh…and they had a black cow in their zoo…go figure!!173Lunch at the Boathouse in Central Park! 185Mary Poppins on Broadway.  SO GOOD!!! 222Snow….lots and lots of snow!  At this point we still liked it.  When we woke up the next morning to SEVERAL inches all over the ground and less than adequate footwear in our possession, we quickly developed a love/hate relationship with the snow.   240This pic will have to do for my next favorite part of the trip.  Just picture this penguin as Jenny and the setting is in the middle of Park Ave.  Yes…Jenny busted it in the snow in the MIDDLE of Park Ave.  I couldn’t think fast enough to get my camera out because I was doubled over in laughter as people were pointing and laughing.   256The CHARMIN Store! Cleanest bathrooms in NYC…Charmin’s gift to NYC during the holiday season.289

Serendipity FRRRRRRROZEN Hot Chocolate!  Yummy!

295Central Park in the snow…Beautiful! 

No comments: