Wednesday, October 3, 2012

He Sees the Bigger Picture- Mongolia (Part 1)

If ever there is a time when I'm at loss for words on how to update you on the past couple of weeks, it is now.   

Type.  Delete.  Type.  Delete.  That seems to be all that's happening as I search for words!  

Without a doubt, this was one of the most physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually exhausting weeks of my life so far.  Yet, it was also one of the most beautiful displays of God's miracles and grace that I have ever experienced first hand.  To say that we experienced the highest of highs followed by some pretty low lows is an understatement...it definitely puts any roller coaster I've ever been on to shame.  Even so, there is NO WAY I would have wanted it to be any different.  

As a team, our goal was to mend physically broken hearts and also introduce the people to the Great Physician who alone can heal their spiritual hearts.  Mission accomplished!  There were 9 open heart surgeries performed and around 20 other procedures performed during our week in Mongolia.  Even more exciting than those numbers are the number of people who chose to follow Jesus!  I don't have an exact number, but I do know that when we get to heaven we will get to see many Mongolian faces who's hearts were healed this week!  

Amen!  Amen!  Amen!

As a newcomer to the For Hearts and Souls team, I had no idea what to expect for the week.  The interwoven theme of all of my trips has been to enter my time overseas not with EXPECTATIONS, but to enter with of a heart of EXPECTANCY of God to move.  When I  head into the unknown (or even the known, for that matter) with expectations, my preconceived ideas are usually left unmet.  Sometimes that's good; sometimes it is heart breaking.  With a heart expecting and trusting God to work in and through me, I find freedom in simply sitting back and allowing Him free reign to use my hands, feet, heart, and prayers to serve whomever He chooses.  It's a blessing to serve, and I get giddy with excitement over being CHOSEN to show Jesus to others.  

I left Mongolia with a deeper understanding of God's grace.  Don't get me wrong, I don't completely understand it all, but God allowed me to see the power of His grace.   Our team saw miracles...literal MIRACLES!  We got to see God heal hearts here on earth, but we also experienced God's perfect healing of a young boy who is now dancing with Jesus---his heart PERFECTLY whole!  Yes, both of those are miracles...both extremes are HEALING.  God's grace is what get's us through day to day---God's grace is what allowed many to come to know Him this week, and God's grace is going to be what gets the family of sweet Ireedui through this awful time of grieving.  





I also saw God's grace working in me this week.  So often I get caught up in the moment of what's happening right here...right now.  As we cared for sweet Ireedui during the night, my heart was broken for him and his family.  My flesh wondered why this sweet little boy had to endure what we presume to be a stroke which only days later allowed him to see Jesus.  We prayed over him, and we shared Jesus with his mom and dad.  My flesh wondered if mom and dad would BLAME my Jesus for this happening to Ireedui, and I was not okay with that.  If I had it my way, God would have reached down and performed another miracle that we could see with our physical eyes.  It was during the night and the following morning through some wise words that God spoke gently to my heart, "Dear daughter, you have NO IDEA what I am doing behind the scenes.  Yes, you are hurting.  Yes, the family is hurting, but I don't waste pain.  My grace is bigger than the circumstances you see right now."  He reminded me that I can only see the single puzzle piece right in front of me.  By itself, that puzzle piece doesn't make any sense, but He, the One who loves me, Ireedui, and Ireedui's family more than anyone can imagine, sees the entire puzzle...He knows EXACTLY where this puzzle piece fits, and in time He will fit that puzzle piece into the beautiful puzzle that He is already piecing together.  Then one day (which may be heaven) He will show us how it all words together for HIS GLORY!  

HIS GRACE!
HIS GLORY!
Nothing more...nothing less!  It's all about Him.  

We went to mend hearts, yet God changed mine in the process.  I'm so thankful!  

It is a wild ride following Jesus, but I wouldn't have it any other way!  


No comments: