Tuesday, July 21, 2009

When Texas Came To Portland... (Part 2)

Day 2 of my Portland adventure began early. We (Brynn, Trina, and I) woke up and went to Dutch Bros. again! I loved the second time just as much as my first Dutch experience. From there we drove to Portland's Saturday Market and met up with Brynn and Trina's friend, Liisa. Saturday Market is where several local people set up booths of things they have created. They have everything from purses to clothing to paintings to flower arrangements...you name it, and you can probably find it at Saturday Market. Such a fun place to visit. I ended up purchasing a super cute messenger bag and a wrap around skirt. I fell in love with both of them immediately. The four of us also got Henna tattoos. Brynn and I got "Wo Ai Ni" which is "I love you" in Chinese...Trina got the chinese character for "joy" on her foot which is perfect because she is the picture of Joy!...and Liisa got a design on her ankle/foot.





Following our trip to Saturday Market, the four of us loaded up in the car and drove about an hour and a half to Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast. It was an overcast day, but it turned out to be an experience I will NEVER forget (but I'll get back to that in a minute). The first stop at the beach was Mo's. They are known for the clam chowder, and so I had to try it. I must sasy, it was my first EVER taste of clam chowder, and it was pretty tasty.



As we were eating our lunch, we spent a good portion of time "people-watching". We all noticed these two guys in matching white, long-sleeve button up shirts with blue jeans setting up a keyboard along the beach. This immediately peaked our interest. It didn't take us long to figure out that these guys were shooting a music video....priceless, amazing entertainment over a nice bowl of clam chowder on an overcast, chilly summer day at an Oregon beach. We finished our meal and went for a walk along the beach. Liisa decided to ask these guys what they were doing and they told us about how they finished recording in the studio a few days earlier and were shooting their music video. They said they still needed one part of the music video and asked if anyone would be interested being part of it. Ok...many of you know me and know that my immediate response was, "No! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!" But according to the other girls, I was "dressed for the part" in my white sundress/coverup with a cardigan. So....you guessed it, I was recruited for a music video...COMPLETELY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE!! Brynn went first. I still attempted to back out of it, but the girls insisted I do it. I guess that's why I need friends like that in my life...to make me step outside of my comfort zone a little bit. So I found myself, walking "hand in hand" through the water and then breaking up with him...all within a matter of minutes. Brynn gave him her email address, and I'm hoping we will see this video when it's all said and done. I make NO promises of posting it on here, but I will consider it. I will never forget that day...so funny and a memory that I will treasure with these incredible, godly girls.



We concluded our beach trip with a walk through the little town. I got some saltwater taffy (YUM!). Our trip back to Portland was filled with sounds of four girls who absolutely love "Wicked" belting out the entire soundtrack!


Brynn invited some friends over Saturday night to play games and eat smores. There was another Katie there that evening; so I was given the nickname "Tex-Mex". We played frisbee...Signs...Moffia...Spoons...ate smores....and met a bunch of incredible people. After most people left, a few of us played Hand and Foot for a little while. Trina spent Saturday night at Brynn's house, and the three of us had a slumber party. Of all that we did the entire weekend, my favorite part was spending time with Brynn, Trina, Jess, and Candi! Because of that, the slumber party was so much fun. The THREE of us just got to hang out, be silly, dance, catch up on life, and just simply enjoy each others company.




End of full day #2 of the "When Texas Came to Portland..." weekend.

1 comment:

小Katie said...

Whoa! It sounds like y'all had a fun day!!! I love you!

~xiao