Sunday, August 2, 2009

When Texas Came To Portland....(Part 3)


Sunday (my final day in Portland) started off with sleeping in. For me that was until 6:45, but Brynn and Trina woke up around 8ish. Brynn, being the amazing hostess she is, fixed breakfast for us. have I mentioned how much I love this girl?!?! After breakfast I realized that I had 30 minutes, yes 30 MINUTES, to get ready for church. Eventhough I had been awake for a few hours at this point, I did NOTHING to remotely begin getting ready for the day. So we rushed and got ready for church. We went to church, and then came back to Brynn's house to have lunch and load my stuff in the car. I wanted to meet Brynn's family, and so we went to watch her brother play in a baseball tournament. This is where the day gets a little bit hectic....

Brynn and I had been joking about "missing my flight" so that I could stay longer. Leading up to my trip, we tried to get a later flight (the next day) back to San Antonio so that I could spend more time in Portland. Well, from the ballpark, we were going straight to the airport. I think that we figured out just how long we could stay before heading to the airport to make my flight. That time came and we got in Brynn's car at the ballpark. Surprised that I hadn't gotten any phonecalls that afternoon, I looked in my purse to check my phone. I LEFT IT AT BRYNN'S HOUSE!!! Here we are with JUST ENOUGH time to make it to the airport, and now we have to detour to Brynn's to get my phone...can't travel without it. by the way....she didn't live close ANDand she was almost on empty! At this point all I could do was laugh...I really was just kidding about missing my flight! I NEEDED to get on that plane! We make it to the airport at 4:45 and my flight leaves at 5:15. I check in...no problem. Check my bags...no problem. Run to security.....PROBLEM. The line was FOR-E-VER long and moving really slow. I FINALLY get to the front of the security line (a little bit after 5) and they check my carry-on. I was thinking, what could I POSSIBLY have in there that they would be interested in?!?! The guy working OBVIOUSLY didn't realize how big of a hurry I was in and took his precious time checking my bag. I realized that I put a bottle of cranberry juice in the front pocket of my backpack on my flight to Portland and forgot it was there. I told him, and the guy asked, "Would you like to step back through and drink your juice?" I said, "That's ok." To which he replied, "Are you sure? I'm going to have to throw it away if you don't drink it? It's ok if you drink it and then go back through security." With a smile plastered on my face trying to be as nice as possible, I told him, "You don't understand. I don't want my juice. I just want my bag...I'm about to miss my flight!" So he finally handed my bag to me and took off in a dead sprint to my gate. I get there...still have to get a seat assignment...and I am cutting it close. I finally board the plane...sit down in my seat...and breathe. I made it....barely! Almost as soon as I sat down and got situated we were off. I seriously didn't mean to cut it that close!

The rest of the trip was uneventful and I made it back to San Antonio at 1:30 am! My wonderful roommate and friends picked me up from the airport...we went to IHOP...and then had a slumber party. All of that means that I didn't get to sleep until after 4:30 am! So much fun though!
Thank you so much for being an incredible hostess, Brynn! I am so thankful for the friendship that we have. Come see me in Texas!!!! But don't you worry, the second annual "When Texas Came to Portland..." will happen next summer! Love and miss you. ~Texas

No comments: