Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Day of Psych Clinical

As the title says, today was the FIRST day of our Psych/Mental Health clinical. And let me just say...if today was any indication of the rest of the semester, it is going to be INTERESTING to say the least.

While we were touring one of the four units we will be rotating through, we went into the day room. Several patients were sitting around playing Scrabble, and out of the blue one guy said, "I'll be the first to volunteer for any physicals." We all just laughed it off in an "of course-you-would-say-something-like-that" kinda way and went on about our business. Our group walked out of the day room and stood in the hallway to continue the tour, and that same guy walked out of the day room "headed down to his room". Well, conveniently as he walked by he touched/tried to grab my rear! I was TOTALLY caught off guard and jumped. When I turned around, several of the girls were laughing and I am quite positive my face was COMPLETELY red. Seriously....was that REALLY neccessary?!?! I think not.

I have a feeling that won't be the last of stories like that. On another note...I love our clinical group. I'm pretty pumped about hanging out with them and getting to know them this semester!

2 comments:

Jessie Rae said...

Hahaha that was such a good story for the first day. Your face was red... just like mine was 90% of today! Fun day!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Katie~I had NO idea you have a blog. Or did I??? I haven't been blogging too much lately since I was kind of in a funk and my FB addiction. However, I've been trying to get back into maintaining all three of them.

I'm so excited to be getting to know you! Praying for all the best this semester. Hang in there...

xoxo,
Lisa