Saturday, February 13, 2010

Xin Nian Kaui Le!

Happy Chinese New Year!  Usually around this time of year I find myself missing China A LOT!  I’ve always wanted to be there with my sweet friends celebrating Chinese New Year.  Today I find myself missing China even more because I had my hopes up for returning this summer, but it didn’t work out.  My sweet, precious friends in China have been at the forefront of my mind this week, and all I want to do is go back to Nanning.  I want to hug their necks…catch up on life….eat Old Friend Noodles…practice their English…practice my Mandarin…visit the city center…and just live life with them for a while.  Oh, how I love China more than I have words to say! 

Each summer I taught English in China, our camp had an Olympic theme.  For that reason, each class represented a different country, and we would have “Camp China Olympics”.  My class was Brazil, and we had a BLAST!  Unfortunately, my time with them was cut short because I had to come back to the US after breaking my arm.  I found this video that I wrote as a “letter” (kinda) to my class once I got back….so I decided to post it here.  It’s a little long (about 7 minutes I think) but it reminds me of the place and the people I love so much. 

No comments: