Monday, March 8, 2010

Haiti!

**If you have more questions about what we are doing, let me know and I'll try to get them answered before I leave**

About two weeks ago, I found out about a group in San Antonio who was going to Haiti over Spring Break. Simply upon hearing it mentioned, the Lord began to tug at my heart about going. My immediate response was “I’m in!”. It was Friday when I found out and knew they needed an answer by the end of the weekend. So I began to pray that the Lord would open (or close) doors to show me whether I should be part of this team. Starting the following Monday, the doors began to FLY open. From finding the funds on short notice….to getting permission to skip a clinical day….to getting permission to make-up a big exam. Each little open door was confirmation that I would spend my Spring Break in Haiti and that the Lord’s hand was in it.

The biggest “open door” confirmation to me came as I began to pray about this trip. As I prayed, the words that continually came to mind were “The Lord sees them! The Lord hears their cries! They are not forgotten by Him, and I get to go tell them so!” The very thought of using medicine and caring for people (both things I’m passionate about) to be the hands and feet of Christ excites me to no end! I began praying about this the day I found out about the opportunity (Friday). Monday evening rolls around and I get an email saying I have a spot on the trip if I am interested. As I scrolled through the email, I read the name of the organization…WE HEAR YOUR VOICE! Really God?? My eyes filled with tears when I read this. Not only do WE hear your voices, sweet Haiti, but HE hears you and loves you more than you will ever know!

We had a logistics meeting tonight and met with some of the people who will be going with us. Right now, it looks like we (the nursing students) will be helping out in clinics as well as loving on kids in the orphanages there. Does it get any better than that?!?! Dear friends, I don’t think so!

I hope to post some prayer requests on here tomorrow night. Please be lifting us up as we are in Haiti next week. I know I greatly appreciate your prayers. I’m so excited to see what the Lord is up to….

It’s a wild ride following Jesus!

2 comments:

Jennifer Parham said...

Will be praying for you and this awesome ministry!! What a great opportunity that God has allowed you to be apart of!! Love on those sweet babies/children...

Jenn said...

I am praying for you and for all the sweet lives you touch while you are there!!!

Hugs,
Jenn