Thursday, March 11, 2010

Would You Please Pray?

I just finished packing my bags and have them sitting by the door.  Tomorrow morning (early!) I head to Miami and then to Haiti on Saturday morning.  Since finding out about this trip, I feel as though EVERYTHING has been a whirlwind.  I’ve gotten so much accomplished, yet I can’t tell you what any of those things are.  My mind has been consumed with preparation for this trip that happened on such short notice, and things not related to Haiti (i.e. SCHOOL) have been on the back burner.  *I have a feeling I may regret that when I return!*

Before I leave, I wanted to write out some specific prayer requests that I have as I am in Haiti.  I would appreciate your prayers more than you ever know.

1.  There is an amazing story unfolding right now that I don’t have time to write out on my own.  So head on over to Cindy’s blog to read a little bit about K.  Pray that the Lord would open doors while I am in Haiti to make it to HCRM!

2.  My heart is to be the hands and feet of Christ as I serve.  Would you pray that I would step out of the way and hide behind the cross?  I don’t want people to see ME; I want them to see JESUS.  I don’t want people to tell me how great I am for going to Haiti; I want them to know how great GOD is and how He loves them beyond anything they could fathom.  As we work in the medical clinic, I don’t want them to leave only having their physical needs met, but to have an encounter with the Great Physician.  It’s not about me…it never has been…and it never will be.  It’s about the people of Haiti seeing Jesus in me. 

3.  Pray for perseverance and strength as our days will be long and tiring!

4.  Pray that I would exchange the expectations of what I want to see happen in Haiti for an attitude and heart of expectancy to see what the Lord will do.

5.  Many of you know how clumsy I am…so would you pray for safety and protection.  Not just for me, but for my entire team. 

Thank you in advance for lifting me up in prayer this week.  If you are interested in getting updates about how things are going/what we are doing, become a fan of “We Hear You Voice” on Facebook.  I think there will be updates posted there.  I will also try to post updates on my Facebook as well, if I am able. 

I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with stories and pictures of what the Lord is doing; so stay tuned! 

It’s a wild ride following Jesus!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Praying for you! Can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures!

Blessings,
Jenn

Cindy Foote said...

Praying over all those requests today and the days to come! Love you!