Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Haiti Bound

It’s here!  It’s here!  I*finally* got everything packed and every item crossed off my to-do list.  I am beyond excited that this time tomorrow I will be in Haiti!

In less than 24 hours…

…I’ll be taking in the sights and sounds of Haiti.
…I’ll be watching some people on my team experience Haiti for the first time.
…I’ll be laughing and catching up with sweet friends.
…I’ll be scheming ways to actually ride in a *Tap-Tap* (Haitian “taxi”) during this trip. 
…I’ll be so thankful that God, once again, has blessed me beyond anything I could ask for and let me go back to this amazing country. 

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times…the people in Haiti are amazing!  They are strong…they are resilient…they are brave…they love people well.  Each time I go, God teaches me so much simply by being in the presence of Haitian believers and listening to their stories. 

As I am gone, I would love and appreciate your prayers so much!  Here are some specific ways to be praying…

1-  As I’ve been praying over this trip, the same prayer I pray every day as I go to work in the PICU is the prayer that God’s put on my heart for my time in Haiti.  My heart is to be the hands and feet of Jesus!  Would you pray that I would- see with Jesus’ eyes; love with His heart; and be His hands and feet?  Would you pray that as He works through me (and my team) that we would bring peace, hope, joy, and comfort to everyone we have the chance to meet. 

2-  Pray that I would love people well with no agenda other than to do what God asks me to do and be who He asks me to be.  

3-  Pray that this would be a “medically uneventful” trip.   Some of you may know that I had an allergic reaction the last time I was in Haiti.  I’m prepared this time with all sorts of meds, but if I’m honest, I’m a little anxious about something else happening while I’m gone.   **I’m not very good at this one**

Thank you in advance for praying!  Can’t wait to share when I get back!! 

It’s a WILD RIDE following Jesus, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! 

No comments: