Monday, March 26, 2012

ROCK 1

 

Two (I’m not sure which two) rocks in this pile are responsible for an injury that’s still giving me trouble.Spring 2012 295

The FIRST ROCK…
The FIRST WORKDAY…
I got injured!

**is anyone surprised?!?!***

Spring 2012 286

While most people were still getting on their work gloves, I decided to get to work.  A teammate and I picked up a rock that was about 100 lbs and started moving it. 

I began to lose my balance…so I stepped back to catch myself with my left foot. 

That didn’t go as planned!!

Instead of catching myself, I stepped back onto another rock….tripped and fell….landing on the rock! 

The momentum of the rock we were carrying (remember….100 lbs.!!!) fell on top of my leg that was already laying on top of the rock I tripped over!

Make sense???

So basically it sandwiched my leg between the two rocks!

Spring 2012 292Spring 2012 293

A couple of hours later, we were finished with that project…

Then it dawned on me that I would ACTUALLY have to walk…or somehow get around on this *very swollen/painful* leg for the remainder of my time in Haiti.

GOD PROVIDED!!!
(were you surprised?!?!…I wasn’t!  He’s pretty good like that!)

One of our guys had some crutches just laying around the house!  THANKYOUJESUS!!!

So this is how I hobbled around Haiti! Spring 2012 304

About 5 minutes into walking on these crutches…the wooden one gave me a blister!

Once again….is anyone surprised?!?!  It only makes sense that it would happen this way when I’m the one involved!  I can’t seem to make any trip uneventful!Spring 2012 310

Spring 2012 367So…I hobbled to the ocean with the rest of the crew and enjoyed an incredible view!  Too bad I couldn’t get IN the water…which I really wanted to do, but I figured that wouldn’t be too smart considering the previous events of my day!!         Spring 2012 366

So there you have it…
the story…
ROCK 1!
 

Wanna know what God showed *is currently showing* me through it?!?!  Part 2 coming soon! 

No comments: