Thursday, March 22, 2012

Yung Goddi’s BBQ

Summer 2011 047

One of my favorite parts of going back to Haiti time and time again is seeing my Haitian brothers, known as the Yung Goddi’s (young men of God).  Their name fits them perfectly.  These guys are amazing!  Some of them have heart wrenching stories, but all of them love the Lord with every fiber of their being.  They are family to us. 

Spring 2012 254

People always ask me if I am ever scared while in Haiti, and my answer is always the same….”Nope!  Not as long as I have one of the guys (Yung Goddi’s) with me!”  They are so protective of us…all the time!  Because of these guys, I always feel safe in Haiti.  Not only are they protective of us, they take care of their community.  Everyone knows them---they are kinda like the “gang” that runs the community!  Praise the Lord that the “gang” that runs this community is one of God-fearing men.  God is using them to reach out and change the community!  We love these guys, and we love partnering with them!

Spring 2012 255

On Saturday night, they put on a delicious BBQ for us with the most delicious food!  It was a time of fun and fellowship.  We heard testimonies from one of the guys (Little Jimmy) and a guy who came to know Christ back in October while our church was there working.  GOD IS ON THE MOVE….It was awesome to hear the stories…meet their families…and share a meal with everyone!     Spring 2012 257

 Spring 2012 259

No comments: